News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Profile Links

Started by Dichromus Benoir-Miles (aka DJ Dich), February 17, 2009, 04:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dichromus Benoir-Miles (aka DJ Dich)

Quote from: DaytonaKit on February 16, 2009, 04:34:15 PM
  Some of us could probably post our karaoke profile URLs for people to come listen any time.

That's an excellent idea Kit. On our Member Profile pages maybe?  :)

Malia

Mine's in my signature... just call me an attention hound... :D
♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply

Malia

Quote from: Dichromus on February 17, 2009, 04:37:01 AM
  Some of us could probably post our karaoke profile URLs for people to come listen any time.

After some thought, I am in agreement with Dich. 

Not everyone wants to learn BBcode for signatures, so maybe in the profile a second URL link field for "link to my recordings" would be better, maybe it could have a little music note icon instead of a globe. 

(Just an idea, I really have no idea whether this is something that would be easy to implement or not...)

Sean

Quote from: Malia on February 19, 2009, 12:41:51 PM
Quote from: Dichromus on February 17, 2009, 04:37:01 AM

After some thought, I am in agreement with Dich. 

Not everyone wants to learn BBcode for signatures, so maybe in the profile a second URL link field for "link to my recordings" would be better, maybe it could have a little music note icon instead of a globe. 

(Just an idea, I really have no idea whether this is something that would be easy to implement or not...)

I'm not comfortable enough with my SQL knowledge to do it without breaking the entire forum LOL, but I will look into it or something similar at least.

Sean

Not seeing anything that will work with this version of the forum.  There is stuff from 2.0RC1, but since thats just a release candidate aka beta version of the forum software I'm not going to install it here yet.

Malia

This subtopic should probably be split into its own thread as it seems to have taken over the party thread.  (sowwy Kit!) ::)

I don't know how any of this works but what about replacing one of the existing URL fields with it?  For example, does anyone actually use ICQ, when we can meet in SL?

Sean

Quote from: Malia on February 20, 2009, 11:37:09 AM
This subtopic should probably be split into its own thread as it seems to have taken over the party thread.  (sowwy Kit!) ::)

I don't know how any of this works but what about replacing one of the existing URL fields with it?  For example, does anyone actually use ICQ, when we can meet in SL?

Surprisingly enough that may be harder to do than adding a new field.

Malia

In that case, I will post the BBcode for a web link here so that others can put it in their forum signature if they wish.

My profile on [#url=http://www.singsnap.com/blablabla]WebsiteName[/url]

(remove the # symbol, added so you can see the code)

Will be displayed as:
My profile on Singsnap

Sean

My profile on [url=http://www.singsnap.com/blablabla]WebsiteName[/url]

Like that.  Any BBcode inside of code tags is just displayed as written btw. :)

Malia

Ooohhh... I never knew that, just knew it made it stand out.  Thank you.

Sean

Quote from: Malia on February 21, 2009, 03:13:46 PM
Ooohhh... I never knew that, just knew it made it stand out.  Thank you.
You're most welcome!! :)

Sean

There are 2 new fields in your profile.  One for a link to your Singsnap recordings and one for a link to your Sims on Stage recordings.

Malia

Sean

I have removed the custom profile field for linking to your Sims On Stage accounts since The Sims On Stage no longer exists.