News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Time for Karaoke

Started by Watashi, May 02, 2009, 07:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Watashi

I would like to understand why karaoke can't be earlier so our friends in Europe can come. 4pm is midnight there.  6pm is just to late for any of them to come to the party.
Thanks, Watashi 
You have to get out of the airplane, if you are going to FLY!
Watashi ;)

Sean

The time for karaoke is set by whoever is DJing that week and is based on their availability.  If they are unable to start til later then that's what happens.  I for one can't usually start before 5PM SLT so that I am able to finish eating dinner before starting as well as get the karaoke cards organized into a playlist.  In the end, though, no matter what time karaoke is scheduled to start someone is not going to be able to make it and as much as we don't like that there is nothing that can be done to avoid this.

Malia

Quote from: Watashi on May 02, 2009, 07:04:01 PM
I would like to understand why karaoke can't be earlier so our friends in Europe can come. 4pm is midnight there.  6pm is just to late for any of them to come to the party.

Before I started lobbying for a flexible time, for exactly the reason you stated, the start time was always at 6pm.  Now, it varies depending on the DJ, which makes me very happy, because I like to DJ!  I prefer to start at 2pm, Jandai at 6pm, Dich at 4pm, Borg whenever he pleases... 

Are you thinking that people would come even earlier than 2pm?  I would be willing to give 12 or 1pm a shot if you are sure people will come.  Please get back to me soon, I have 2 coming up this month and I need to set the time.

And don't forget... we can always have more DJ's!!!! (hint... hint...)

Quote from: Sean Riedel on May 02, 2009, 07:54:44 PMIn the end, though, no matter what time karaoke is scheduled to start someone is not going to be able to make it and as much as we don't like that there is nothing that can be done to avoid this.

Just recently, Musicteacher made the opposite plea in the Shoutbox, asking for shows at 6pm.  I think having the time change depending on the DJ is a good way to include as many people as possible.

I'm considering running additional random karaoke shows on other days/times too, now that I'm finally free after 5 weeks of jury duty.  These would probably be DJ's choice/by request rather than using the card system, as I want to do some themed shows.  (I haven't asked around, but I figure "if you build it, they will come".) 

♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply