News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

D'ni-J 101

Started by DaytonaKit, March 20, 2009, 09:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If we set up help sessions for D'ni-Jing, would you be interested in attending?

Heek yes!!
If I can fit it into my schedule
I'd like to check it out, but not necessarily commit to DJ'ing at this point
Let me think on it...
Heek no!!

Malia

Quote from: BeachRM on April 04, 2009, 04:06:49 PMI think as I gain confidance that I can manage the equipment, the cards and also keep tracl of the chat in Sl I will be using voice more often.

Cwertainly if I can overcome being ashamed of typo errors I cam overcome shyness or fear of misstating stuff with voice- are those vocos, as oopposed to typos? VocoLocos?
Having heard you DJ karaoke this afternoon, I can honestly say you have nothing to fear but fear itself.  You possess a natural charm, and handled the inevitable bumps and snags with plenty of finesse and a sense of humor.  Not to mention that darlin' accent! ;)

That said, I also feel that a little practice amongst friends would be a good opportunity, and maybe help us to have fewer of those darn snags too... or at least not feel so sensitive about it.  My broadcasts seem to always be full of them, and it feels so embarrassing!  I like the idea of a "practice stream".
♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply

Sean

Quote from: Malia on April 04, 2009, 09:36:16 PM
That said, I also feel that a little practice amongst friends would be a good opportunity, and maybe help us to have fewer of those darn snags too... or at least not feel so sensitive about it.  My broadcasts seem to always be full of them, and it feels so embarrassing!  I like the idea of a "practice stream".[/color]
After listening to you DJ last week you did a great job recovering from the snags and problems that happened.  You got through them and continued on very smoothly.  You have nothing to be embarrassed about or worry about, you do a great job!!!!  :) ;) ;) :)

Malia

Quote from: Sean Riedel on April 04, 2009, 10:44:24 PM
After listening to you DJ last week you did a great job recovering from the snags and problems that happened.  You got through them and continued on very smoothly.  You have nothing to be embarrassed about or worry about, you do a great job!!!!  :) ;) ;) :)
Awww thanks... sounds like an echo of what I said to Beach.  Just goes to show we are our own worst critics!  A bit of controlled practice might give us a shot of confidence. :)
♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply

Sean

Quote from: Malia on April 04, 2009, 11:38:40 PM
Just goes to show we are our own worst critics!
That's only too true.  I am DEFINATELY my worst critic.

DaytonaKit

I can't think of a better community in which to practice than this one.  We are all so incredibly supportive of each other, and no matter what happens, we handle it with love and dignity.  And as we refine our skills with each other, we could possibly branch out into other areas.  For instance, over Spring Break I was hired to DJ two events at Arabian Nights.  Apparently I raised the bar for DJs in that sim, and I owe it all to my karaoke experience. 

Who wants to teach D'ni-J 101?  (I'd step up, but my schedule's a bit of a mess right now.  But if nobody else steps up I'll do it.)
"I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me.  If only I'd known that one day my 'differentness' would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier."
                                             - Bette Midler

Sean

Quote from: DaytonaKit on April 05, 2009, 08:24:11 PM
Who wants to teach D'ni-J 101?  (I'd step up, but my schedule's a bit of a mess right now.  But if nobody else steps up I'll do it.)
I can do this.  I'm thinking that 101 should cover the technical end on setting up a stream and djing using Winamp and if there is interest Sam Broadcaster as well.  I would just need to know who is interested in attending and when people are available.  I can do this at a couple times if needed to cover the most number of people.

DaytonaKit

Let's first begin with finding out what days of the week would work best, then narrow it down to time slots.  If we could provide at least 2 options, that will probably be sufficient for accommodating as many people as possible. 

As for winamp vs. sam, my only suggestion is to start with the "broadcast for dummies" version then go from there.
"I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me.  If only I'd known that one day my 'differentness' would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier."
                                             - Bette Midler

Sean

Quote from: DaytonaKit on April 05, 2009, 08:40:13 PM
Let's first begin with finding out what days of the week would work best, then narrow it down to time slots.  If we could provide at least 2 options, that will probably be sufficient for accommodating as many people as possible. 

As for winamp vs. sam, my only suggestion is to start with the "broadcast for dummies" version then go from there.
That's what I'm thinking mostly due to the fact that Winamp is free vs Sam costing $300 (there is a 14 day free trial available).  I'm available any day of the week for the most part.

Sean

If you are interested in attending D'ni-J 101 and learn the basics of being an online DJ please post here saying you would like to attend as well as your availability.  I *probably* will be teaching this class using voice as it will be easier than typing everything out, but do not feel you will be required to use it as well.  I would just be using it as I find it easier to explain things with voice than with text.  When done with this class you should have the knowledge needed to set up a stream and stream music (including songs off of Sing Snap) using Winamp.  You will also learn the technical side of setting up a mic so you have the ability to do voice overs.

In a future class I will cover how to use Sam Broadcaster which is a much more advanced tool used to DJ online.

AnneB

I'm interested, and Sunday EDT afternoons are better for me.

Sean

If you are interested in attending this class please respond with your availablility by April 13th.  I will be posting when and where on that date.

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on April 08, 2009, 02:59:24 PM
If you are interested in attending this class please respond with your availablility by April 13th.  I will be posting when and where on that date.
Last call for those interested in attending.  I will post when and where tomorrow afternoon not before 1 PM SLT.

Sean

The class will be this comming Sunday, April 19th at 12 PM SLT at the following SLURL.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Boutique/154/229/26

AnneB

Zedra Benoir

Hi!  I think I'd like to try it too, if it's not too late to sign up?

Thanks!

Zed  =)