News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Scheduling [was Re: Karaoke...March 7th...DJ Beach if available]

Started by Malia, March 05, 2009, 03:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Quote from: Watashi on March 07, 2009, 05:42:30 PM
I must be missing something here...when i just cked Beach was listed as DJ on the 7th..???????
He is ... what at least I was saying was some people might not of realised that the listing on the calendar was linked to a thread in the forum as most calendar software does not do this and all that is said on the calendar is "Eder Gira karaoke" and thats all that it needs to say as long as people realise you click on it for more info.

Watashi

Like You said back up the line....More of a learning process than anything else.... I need to ck here more often too...Just wanted to make sure I am doing it right
You have to get out of the airplane, if you are going to FLY!
Watashi ;)

DaytonaKit

With our previous calendar, there were several steps we needed to take in order to put an event on it.  Here, it's almost too easy, which can make for us missing the little things.  As Watashi said, this is a learning process.  Especially since the community is taking ownership of karaoke, rather than acquiescing to one person's mandates. 

I can only imagine what the American forefathers went through when they were working on establishing an entire government structure.  All I can say is "OY!"
"I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me.  If only I'd known that one day my 'differentness' would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier."
                                             - Bette Midler

BeachRM

to start on a side note: Kit, you can get an emote hud which will allow you to say more than "Oy!" There may even be a free one you can beg borrow or steal from some of the dimmer wits in the city. Notice that me and Jack Webb never mention Watashi's name in order to protest the innercents.

I agree the learning is taking place as we go along, for Karaokeites as well as Uruites. As it happens, I was racing to deal with in Sl events, a RL emergency and technical problems all at the same time before Karaoke on Saturday and I was happy to be able to do it at the adjusted time.

I think Karaoke is a regularly occurring community anchor activity. I would love it if other event schedulers used the Karaoke calendar for posting their events as well. I support the notion of maintaining a schedule, once posted, unless the change is negotiated with the scheduler.

DaytonaKit

I'm glad that worked out for you, Beach.  I have to admit, I did stress a bit of all this scheduling stuff.  I wanted to make sure that anything I said or did was for the community and not my own personal whims.  Part of the reason why I got tired and had to bow out of karaoke early this past weekend, perhaps.  I'm just glad that we're all willing to work together!

Let's do what we can to make this happen.  I'll take care of the PSA in SL, both in the Voice and in a karaoke group  notice.  I think the best thing we can do, however, is to point individuals to the calendar to schedule events.  We want to support EVERYBODY'S efforts, and to do that, we need the info.  (Why do I feel like Dr. Evil all of a sudden?)

Funny you should mention the HUD, Beach.  I have a hosting HUD from my Arabian Nights days that allowed me to program common phrases that I used with guests, thus reducing my typing.  Maybe I can reconfigure it to help with karaoke.   As for the the emote HUD, this intrigues me.  Anything that allows me to cause mild to mid-level mischief is always a plus. :)
"I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me.  If only I'd known that one day my 'differentness' would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier."
                                             - Bette Midler

Dichromus Benoir-Miles (aka DJ Dich)

Quote from: DaytonaKit on March 09, 2009, 06:10:10 AM
   As for the the emote HUD, this intrigues me.  Anything that allows me to cause mild to mid-level mischief is always a plus. :)

Can I have one please? Can I? Can I ? Can I? Huh? Pleeeeease. I promise I'll be good... ;D ;D

Musicteachersheff

There might be something to be said for setting a regular Karaoke time and keeping to it rather than allowing it to change simply to make it easier for people not to conflict.  However because of how wonderfully diverse we are geographically I know that is difficult.  Maybe we have set times for each week of each month so at least there is some predictability to our schedule at least to help event planners know what is going to happen???

ie:
First week - 6:00
2nd week - 3:00
3rd week - 5:00
4th week - 2:00

Dichromus Benoir-Miles (aka DJ Dich)

I've started a new thread here as the other was getting rather long. Musicteachersheff suggested different Karaoke start times on different weeks on the month. The average of those times is 4. Now, Borg (Sean) mentioned in an earlier post that the maximum numbers of listeners at Karaoke seems to occur when the start time is 4pm SL. How about having this as the regular start time?
Thoughts anyone?  8)

Sean

I'm thinking something like every other week it starts at 4pm and the other weeks it starts at an earlier time such as 12pm.  Though in the end it still comes down to when the DJ for that week is available.

Malia

I think I've already said too much on this subject.   :-X

As to splitting the thread... isn't it the mark of a great forum thread when it runs on to 20+ pages?  ;D
Here's a link to the original thread, in case someone drops in and wonders what's going on:  Clicky
♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply

Sean

Quote from: Malia on March 09, 2009, 03:03:27 PM
As to splitting the thread... isn't it the mark of a great forum thread when it runs on to 20+ pages?  ;D
Here's a link to the original thread, in case someone drops in and wonders what's going on:  Clicky

Merging them back together - think this should all be together.

DaytonaKit

I like the idea of DJ's choice because it not only allows more people, but it's encouraging for people who want to try their hand at DJ'ing.  (At least I think so.)  I do think that the karaoke events should have a confirmed time as soon as possible so people can schedule their RL and SL activities accordingly. 

I'd like to hear scheduling thoughts from people in the eastern hemisphere of the globe.  So far the only ones I've heard from are Dich and Jandai.  I'd like to think that this will affect more than the two of them.  What can we do to get people in Europe, Australia, and other parts of the world to share their voice? 
                                             - Bette Midler

Sean

Quote from: DaytonaKit on March 09, 2009, 04:55:29 PM
I like the idea of DJ's choice because it not only allows more people, but it's encouraging for people who want to try their hand at DJ'ing.  (At least I think so.)
I'm thinking about doing a training thing to train people how to stream and DJ.  Will post about it soonish.

Quote from: DaytonaKit on March 09, 2009, 04:55:29 PM
I do think that the karaoke events should have a confirmed time as soon as possible so people can schedule their RL and SL activities accordingly.
I agree and also agree on it being the DJ's choice on when it should start.