News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Live Karaoke Songs

Started by Sean, May 19, 2009, 07:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you sing a karaoke song live at the party?

Yes
1 (25%)
No
2 (50%)
Maybe
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Sean

I've been thinking about this for a few days now and an now going to ask.  If given the option in addtion to submitting songs the regular way would anyone be willing/interested in singing a song live at the party?  I ask party because I'm curious and probably would do this myself, but also in order to do so I'd need to purchase a couple cables and if there is no interest I won't get them.  I have created a poll here so feel free to vote and discuss ideas.

How I would see this working if I am the DJ is as follows.  You would set your computer to record what you hear comming out of your speakers and then you would contact me either in sl or Yahoo Messenger or MSN or Skype or something.  You would call me using one of those programs then I would be able to put you live on the air where you could introduce your song.  Then you'd hit play on singsnap or whatever and sing.  We would be able to talk to each other live on the air just like any radio show.  I think this could be quite a bit of fun and if I get good feedback I'll order the 2 cables I need and we'd be able to do this when I DJ on June 6th if I get them by then.

AnneB

Not me; it takes me lots of practice to get a song right. No way could I do it live.

Sean

Quote from: Donahoo on May 19, 2009, 07:46:05 PM
Not me; it takes me lots of practice to get a song right. No way could I do it live.
Completely understand.

Just so everyone knows if we did try this this would be in addition to the normal way of submitting songs NOT replacing it.

I have been thinking about trying it myself for a bit, but probably could only do it if I'm home alone LOL.  If I am at any point this Saturday while I'm djing I might just do it hehe.

Dichromus Benoir-Miles (aka DJ Dich)

I'm afraid I am the same. Not only do I like to practice but it also takes me an age to get the levels how I want them. But, having said that, if there is a way to pre-configure the sound settings to ensure good playback I would give it a go.  :)

Sean

To see how I'd being doing this see the following picture.   ;D

Quote from: Dichromus Miles (aka DJ Dich) on May 19, 2009, 07:59:55 PM
I'm afraid I am the same. Not only do I like to practice but it also takes me an age to get the levels how I want them. But, having said that, if there is a way to pre-configure the sound settings to ensure good playback I would give it a go.  :)
Probably would be possible as long as whoever is singing has their settings on sing snap setup in advance to how they want it.

Edit: I've added a third option to the poll.  "Maybe"

Malia

I prefer to record them in advance; I don't have an objection to others doing it though. 
♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply

Xelaric

I would definately be down with that!
I apologise for not responding sooner, i was out of town last week