News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Gallery Upload

Started by Malia, February 18, 2009, 02:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Quote from: Malia on February 22, 2009, 02:13:21 PM
Yay, the new gallery is much better!  I just uploaded some test pics, the previous and next viewing buttons are great. 

I'm not sure I understand that bit you said about uploading files twice, but it doesn't sound like it would make our lives easier to add that...  ???

If you look at the link bar on the top there is a "Downloads" tab where you can upload files for others to download.  I see that being redundant now since the new gallery allows for music and video upload and for others to download them and I will probably remove it.

Malia

I see the gallery supports audio and video files, so I tried uploading an MP3.  Is it supposed to play from here just by clicking on it, or does the person need to download the file in order to play it?

And speaking of other files, how about adding gallery album folders for "audio files" and "video filess" (or something more creative, my muse is still asleep)?
♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply

Sean

Quote from: Malia on February 24, 2009, 11:28:23 AM
I see the gallery supports audio and video files, so I tried uploading an MP3.  Is it supposed to play from here just by clicking on it, or does the person need to download the file in order to play it?

And speaking of other files, how about adding gallery album folders for "audio files" and "video filess" (or something more creative, my muse is still asleep)?

I think the person will have to download it or if you want you can embed it in a post.  It should show you the BBcode to do that.

There is a gallery for karaoke songs already, though people may prefer uploading these to a user created gallery if they plan on uploading a lot of songs.  I will add 2 categories for general audio and video uploads when I figure out what to call them LOL.

Malia

Quote from: Malia link=topic=45.msg205#msg205 date=12354 96503

In case anyone else was wondering about the "download" link, here's what happens using Firefox and Internet Explorer.

When I am looking at the song page and click "download", my browser asks if I want to open the file or save it; selecting open just plays the file.  There is no need to save it to my computer and then find it again and open it.  Easy, peasy! 8)

Malia

I clicked on Gallery today and instead of the list of public albums with items in them, it shows only my album; I am unable to find the public albums.  I don't see any way to upload new items anymore either.  Has it been removed?

AnneB

I see lots of albums in the gallery - and at the bottom of the screen is an option to "add item to this album" but don't know if that has changed since this is my first visit to the gallery.

Malia

Hm, no change for me, maybe my Firefox isn't loading the page right.  Here is a screenshot:

Dichromus Benoir-Miles (aka DJ Dich)

See the "User Albums" link? Click that.  ;)

Malia

Quote from: Dichromus Miles (aka DJ Dich) on March 12, 2009, 07:03:26 AM
See the "User Albums" link? Click that.  ;)
Here's a screenshot of what I see when I click User Albums.  I see your gallery and mine, as I ought, but no upload button.  On the Albums link (above screenshot) I should be able to see the list of public gallery folders.  Could it be a Firefox cache problem?  Perhaps it is behaving as though I'm not logged in, and I see what the general public would see?  I tried logging out and back in but it did not change.

AnneB

I think this is something Sean needs to address. I use Firefox at work running off a flash drive and I see the entire folder list, incuding image folders and music folders. This version of FF does not have much of a cache.

Sean

It has to do with the new D'ni-J member group I made.  I'll go fix it now.

Edit: You should be able to to see all 9 of the public galleries now.  The group had permission to view the gallery, but I had to manually set it to be able to view each individual gallery even though you are also in another group that had permission to view them.  Annoying, but oh well.

Malia

Wow, every little change is like a chain reaction, and you never know which direction it will go... so glad you are here to take care of us! Thank you!  :D

Sean

Quote from: Malia on March 13, 2009, 12:05:28 AM
Wow, every little change is like a chain reaction, and you never know which direction it will go... so glad you are here to take care of us! Thank you!  :D
Like you have no idea...::)

Malia

Possible new issue with the gallery.  In the past I could upload a pic to be used as a thumbnail for my audio recordings.  Today when I try to upload a pic (JPG), I get the following:

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, but you do not have permission to upload this type of item to this gallery

Sean

Quote from: Malia on November 07, 2009, 03:52:26 PM
Possible new issue with the gallery.  In the past I could upload a pic to be used as a thumbnail for my audio recordings.  Today when I try to upload a pic (JPG), I get the following:

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, but you do not have permission to upload this type of item to this gallery
Looking into it.

Edit: Might be fixed.  Let me know if you can do it now.