News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Gallery Upload

Started by Malia, February 18, 2009, 02:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malia

I just tried to upload a pic to the Gallery, and got an error stating that I must select a Category, but the Category drop down is empty. 

I might suggest the following categories, to start out:
Karaoke Pics
URU Pics
SL Pics
Misc Pics
♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply

DaytonaKit

Quote from: Malia on February 18, 2009, 02:43:12 PM
I just tried to upload a pic to the Gallery, and got an error stating that I must select a Category, but the Category drop down is empty. 

Karaoke Pics
URU Pics
SL Pics
Misc Pics

I say go for it.  I think we can create whatever categories we want, it doesn't have to be a "group" decision.  If I feel like adding a "Psycho-Serial Flying Monkey" category, I'm not going to ask for permission ;)
"I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me.  If only I'd known that one day my 'differentness' would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier."
                                             - Bette Midler

Sean

Quote from: Malia on February 18, 2009, 02:43:12 PM

Karaoke Pics
URU Pics
SL Pics
Misc Pics

I just added those.

Malia

Maybe I missed something, I didn't see any way to create them... in any case they are there now.  THANKS BORG! :)

Sean

Quote from: Malia on February 18, 2009, 05:45:03 PM
Maybe I missed something, I didn't see any way to create them... in any case they are there now.  THANKS BORG! :)
You didn't miss anything.  I checked with my second account and it looks like only moderators and admins can create categories, so if someone needs a category created post what you want it called here.

Malia

Is it possible to add nav buttons for "next picture" and "previous picture"?

Sean

Quote from: Malia on February 18, 2009, 06:31:06 PM
Is it possible to add nav buttons for "next picture" and "previous picture"?
Not with the gallery mod I currently have installed unfortunately.

Malia

Oh well, it was worth asking ;)

Sean

I can switch to a different gallery system.  You'd have to re-upload all the pictures though.

Malia

Well, since I am the only one who has uploaded so far, now would probably be the best time.  In case you hadn't noticed, I kind of like beta testing... ;)

Sean

Quote from: Malia on February 20, 2009, 11:32:58 AM
Well, since I am the only one who has uploaded so far, now would probably be the best time.  In case you hadn't noticed, I kind of like beta testing... ;)
I'll do it either later tonight or tomorrow as I have a job interview soon.  I will post here when I've changed it.

Malia

Good luck with the interview!  ;D

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on February 20, 2009, 01:45:54 PM
Quote from: Malia on February 20, 2009, 11:32:58 AM
I'll do it either later tonight or tomorrow as I have a job interview soon.  I will post here when I've changed it.
I will be doing this on Sunday in case I have to take the site down to do the change over.

Sean

We now have a new image gallery which also supports audio and video files.  In addition to the general catergories that I created you can also create user galleries for your own stuff.  This looks to be a much better system than the one I had installed originally.  Hope you all enjoy it.

Edit: Since the gallery supports video and audio do we still have a need for a seperate download page?  I don't think we need both now, but I want to hear what you all think.  Note: To use both would require uploading your file twice.

Malia

Yay, the new gallery is much better!  I just uploaded some test pics, the previous and next viewing buttons are great. 

I'm not sure I understand that bit you said about uploading files twice, but it doesn't sound like it would make our lives easier to add that...  ???