News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Karaoke card form

Started by Horatio, February 14, 2009, 10:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horatio

Sean, would it be possible to increase the length of the text field on the karaoke card form? It's not a big deal, but the URLs to the songs are usually kind of long, and it would be easier to edit if the lines didn't wrap. I assume it's set to something like 36 characters now...perhaps changing it to something like 72?

Again, just a tiny detail, but it would be helpful when copying/pasting links and editing text prior to submission.

Sean

Text area is now wider and text wrapping is off.

Malia

More requests, please...   

1) Could the "Submit karaoke cards here!!" on the main page be  in a larger/bolder font, or a different color, or a big button, or something to make it really stand out?

2) Could the submission field boxes be a bit larger so we can see all (or more) of what we have entered? 

Million thanks,
Malia
♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply

Sean

Quote from: Malia on February 14, 2009, 02:27:53 PM
More requests, please...   

1) Could the "Submit karaoke cards here!!" on the main page be  in a larger/bolder font, or a different color, or a big button, or something to make it really stand out?

2) Could the submission field boxes be a bit larger so we can see all (or more) of what we have entered? 

Million thanks,
Malia

1) I will see what I can do, but can't guarentee anything.  Edit: It is now bold and a larger font.

2) Yep, I'll go do that now.  Edit: All the fields? or one or two in particular?  Edit: I've made some big changes to the layout of the form as well as to the size of the text fields.  See what you think.

DaytonaKit

I think that looks good.  Too bad I couldn't use it last night since I wasn't expecting to be back in time.

Thank you for your work on this site, Borg.  You've done an amazing job, and you handle everything with such grace!  I hope you get lots of applause for everything you've done here!
"I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me.  If only I'd known that one day my 'differentness' would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier."
                                             - Bette Midler

Malia

Yes, the bold font and bigger fields are great.  Thanks! :)

Sean

Quote from: Malia on February 15, 2009, 04:30:35 PM
Yes, the bold font and bigger fields are great.  Thanks! :)
You're most welcome!  My pleasure!

Watashi

Like URU Karaoke Card Form.  You have made the site sooooooooo user friendly that even I could figure it out.   Thanks Borg
You have to get out of the airplane, if you are going to FLY!
Watashi ;)

Malia

Hi Sean, today when I submitted my card the text in the main field was not wrapping.  (I'm using Firefox 3 for Win XP.)

Also, when I received my email copy, all the apostrophes came out with a slash, like this:
   Malia\'s karaoke songs 03/07/08.

HUGE THANK YOU for all the work you are doing on this site!!!

Sean

Quote from: Malia on March 07, 2009, 12:25:13 PM
Hi Sean, today when I submitted my card the text in the main field was not wrapping.  (I'm using Firefox 3 for Win XP.)

I had wrapping off, but thinking about it now I will enable it for that field.

Also, when I received my email copy, all the apostrophes came out with a slash, like this:

Looking into this.

DaytonaKit

I noticed today that we "sumbit" our cards rather than "submit".  But please please PLEASE don't change that!    ;D
"I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me.  If only I'd known that one day my 'differentness' would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier."
                                             - Bette Midler

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on March 07, 2009, 02:29:12 PM

Looking into this.
Fixed.  In case anyone else ever encounters this function you need to run the string through the php stripslashes function.

Quote from: DaytonaKit on March 07, 2009, 02:57:24 PM
I noticed today that we "sumbit" our cards rather than "submit".  But please please PLEASE don't change that!    ;D
LOL never saw that LOL.  I'll leave it ... for now LOL.