News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

"Pay-As-You-Go" Shoutcast server

Started by Dichromus Benoir-Miles (aka DJ Dich), February 08, 2009, 03:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dichromus Benoir-Miles (aka DJ Dich)

Budding DJ's and old hands may be interested in a "pay-as-you-go" server format. I believe there are a couple of Karaoke DJ's who use it, myself included. It has no monthly fees obviously and so you can keep a close check on the financial side of things. You "buy" your bandwidth in manageable "chunks" and top up as required. It's not very expensive either imho and works well. More details here...

http://servers.internet-radio.org.uk/

If anyone has any questions about my experiences with this server I am happy to answer them through the Forum.  :)

Malia

This looks interesting.  Question, if one uses the pay as you go option, and your pre-paid bandwidth runs out during an event, what happens?  Will it shut off the stream, or automatically charge your paypal account for more time, or give you some kind of grace period to purchase more, or... ?
♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply

Dichromus Benoir-Miles (aka DJ Dich)

As far as I know it will shut off. But it's pretty easy to estimate how much bandwidth you are likely to use once you have used this system initially. The statistics details that you get with this set up are VERY good. Also, 10 Gig of bandwidth goes a looooong way.  ;D