News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Forum Updates

Started by Sean, February 08, 2009, 04:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on October 09, 2013, 09:29:30 AM
I have replaced the text link for your SingSnap recordings with an image to match the other links that appear around it in your profile.
I updated this field to better match the other image links in your profile. It now only requires you to enter your SingSnap username and the link will take people straight to your profile there. You should not need to edit your profile as a result of this.

Edit: I also removed AIM, YIM, and MSN from profiles as they no longer exist.

Sean

I have changed out the audio player in the media gallery for a HTML5 based one. Its very rough, but seems to work great.

Sean

We are now running V2.0.18 of the forum software.  The update contains a few security and bug fixes.

Sean

We are now running V2.0.19 of the forum software.  The update contains a few security and bug fixes.

Sean

Some big updates will be coming soon. First, I will be replacing the gallery system with a newer more up to date and less buggy one. Not that the current one is bad, but since it has not been updated in well over 10 years now it does not fully work anymore and generates a lot of errors since it is using some unsupported code in addition to still using flash in some places. After this is done and working I will work towards updating the forum software from 2.0.x to 2.1.x so that I can keep it up to date with the latest bug and security fixes as 2.0.x will more than likely not receive anymore updates. I do not have an exact timeline for this yet as it will happen when I get the time to do it, but hopefully in the not too distant future.

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on March 30, 2023, 08:50:17 AM
Some big updates will be coming soon. First, I will be replacing the gallery system with a newer more up to date and less buggy one. Not that the current one is bad, but since it has not been updated in well over 10 years now it does not fully work anymore and generates a lot of errors since it is using some unsupported code in addition to still using flash in some places. After this is done and working I will work towards updating the forum software from 2.0.x to 2.1.x so that I can keep it up to date with the latest bug and security fixes as 2.0.x will more than likely not receive anymore updates. I do not have an exact timeline for this yet as it will happen when I get the time to do it, but hopefully in the not too distant future.
I have decided to do both of these upgrades at once and have gotten together everything I think I will need to do the upgrades. I will get to this in the next few weeks hopefully. There will be a couple current mods I have installed that will have to go away as they do not exist for V2.1.x of the forum software, but for the most part it is little things that can be lived without.

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on April 06, 2023, 06:43:29 PM
Quote from: Sean Riedel on March 30, 2023, 08:50:17 AMSome big updates will be coming soon. First, I will be replacing the gallery system with a newer more up to date and less buggy one. Not that the current one is bad, but since it has not been updated in well over 10 years now it does not fully work anymore and generates a lot of errors since it is using some unsupported code in addition to still using flash in some places. After this is done and working I will work towards updating the forum software from 2.0.x to 2.1.x so that I can keep it up to date with the latest bug and security fixes as 2.0.x will more than likely not receive anymore updates. I do not have an exact timeline for this yet as it will happen when I get the time to do it, but hopefully in the not too distant future.
I have decided to do both of these upgrades at once and have gotten together everything I think I will need to do the upgrades. I will get to this in the next few weeks hopefully. There will be a couple current mods I have installed that will have to go away as they do not exist for V2.1.x of the forum software, but for the most part it is little things that can be lived without.
We are now running version 2.1.3 of of the forum software. In addition I have upgraded us to a more modern media gallery system. The only issue I have seen so far is that you might need to re-upload your avatars. I will attempt to fix this for those who have not logged in in a while in the future, but for now re-uploading is your best option. If you see any other issues please let me know and I will do my best to fix them.

Edit: Karma has been replaced by a like button on each post.

AnneB

Forum looks great, I haven't looked at everything yet, will come back later this evening.

Sean

Quote from: Sean on April 13, 2023, 09:51:54 AM
Quote from: Sean Riedel on April 06, 2023, 06:43:29 PM
Quote from: Sean Riedel on March 30, 2023, 08:50:17 AMSome big updates will be coming soon. First, I will be replacing the gallery system with a newer more up to date and less buggy one. Not that the current one is bad, but since it has not been updated in well over 10 years now it does not fully work anymore and generates a lot of errors since it is using some unsupported code in addition to still using flash in some places. After this is done and working I will work towards updating the forum software from 2.0.x to 2.1.x so that I can keep it up to date with the latest bug and security fixes as 2.0.x will more than likely not receive anymore updates. I do not have an exact timeline for this yet as it will happen when I get the time to do it, but hopefully in the not too distant future.
We are now running version 2.1.3 of of the forum software. In addition I have upgraded us to a more modern media gallery system. The only issue I have seen so far is that you might need to re-upload your avatars. I will attempt to fix this for those who have not logged in in a while in the future, but for now re-uploading is your best option. If you see any other issues please let me know and I will do my best to fix them.

Edit: Karma has been replaced by a like button on each post.
Karma has been replaced by a like button on each post. You can also optionally set a password retrieval question and optionally enable two factor authentication in your account settings.

Sean

SingSnap at some point changed how profile URLs work and they no longer are based around your user name. As a result, to have an accurate link to your SingSnap profile from your forum profile here, you will need to change your SingSnap username name in your profile to your SingSnap user ID. Your user ID is found in the URL when viewing your profile. For example mine is 896057.

AnneB

You probably know this but links to the Gallery from previous Karaoke cards, in the archive, no longer work; probably due to the update.

Sean

Quote from: AnneB on April 14, 2023, 08:33:17 PMYou probably know this but links to the Gallery from previous Karaoke cards, in the archive, no longer work; probably due to the update.
Correct. Old links will no longer work as this gallery is completely unrelated to the old one.

Sean

I removed some featured albums from the media gallery that in 10+ years had never been used.

Sean

We are now running V2.1.4 of the forum software.  The update contains some enhancements, bug fixes, and security updates.