News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Talk about a near scare!

Started by DaytonaKit, March 19, 2009, 07:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaytonaKit

Hmm...I'll need to play with that.  When I tried to record with the karaoke track, it'd only allow me to record over a WAV file. 

I do have a new digital recorder which has an Audacity tutorial guide.  Perhaps it's time I sat down and really began to learn the sucker.
"I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me.  If only I'd known that one day my 'differentness' would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier."
                                             - Bette Midler

Sean

I've opened and edited mp3 files using audacity before.  Though I prefer using wav as I'm editing stuff I recorded myself.

Quote from: DaytonaKit on March 20, 2009, 12:23:21 PM
Hmm...I'll need to play with that.  When I tried to record with the karaoke track, it'd only allow me to record over a WAV file. 

I do have a new digital recorder which has an Audacity tutorial guide.  Perhaps it's time I sat down and really began to learn the sucker.
Just tried recording over an mp3 - worked fine.

AnneB

That was actually the first time I had used Audacity for anything other than converting to .ogg files for the fan age sound effects I have made. I do all my stuff in Adobe Audition which opens everything as a .wav file no matter the original format. I just wanted to see the settings for the echo, to compare then to what I see in Audition.

Sean

Reminds me, I need to find my copy of Cubase LE at some point.

DaytonaKit

I have officially backed up my music library.

Just thought I'd share.
"I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me.  If only I'd known that one day my 'differentness' would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier."
                                             - Bette Midler