News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Sending songs as an attachment in WAV format

Started by Nevaydev, April 12, 2018, 09:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nevaydev

Hi!  I am trying to record some songs through a programme called Audacity.  The files save as .WAV and I would need to attach them to an email.  The karaoke ticket does not seem to have a place to attach files to.  Is there a way I could send the DJs WAV files and would they be playable if I did?  Thanks!

Nevaydev

I noticed that you cannot attach a file to the karaoke card.  Is there a way to get songs to the DJs as a file?  I have WAV files - I can try to convert to mp3 but there is no link to a website.  Thanks!

AnneB

If you record songs offline, you need to upload them to the media gallery and send the DJ a link. Create an album under your name and put the file there. I'm not sure if a .wav file is possible though, but Audacity will save as .mp3 with a free plugin.

Nevaydev

OK thanks!  I will try for next weekend probably!

Sean

I believe WAV will work, but MP3 will use less space.

AnneB

Thanks Sean, for answering and thanks for merging the two topics. LOL I didn't think of that.

Nevaydev

Yes I am sorry I sent the same question twice - I wasn't sure it went through the first time.  Thank you for your replies!

Sean

You're very welcome! No worries it happens.  :)

AnneB

Actually, Fil uploaded a .wav file this week and it works in this player better than .mp3, which won't play at all here with the latest browsers and have to be downloaded.

Sean

Quote from: AnneB on May 05, 2018, 05:23:18 PM
Actually, Fil uploaded a .wav file this week and it works in this player better than .mp3, which won't play at all here with the latest browsers and have to be downloaded.
I'm not too surprised. The player the media gallery uses is prolly really out of date at this point.

AnneB

The ability to use the player here has been restored in the latest update to Firefox. It has been several months since that was possible.

Sean

Quote from: AnneB on May 11, 2018, 05:52:23 AM
The ability to use the player here has been restored in the latest update to Firefox. It has been several months since that was possible.
Awesome! Still works in Chrome and Edge too.