News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Jesusita Wildfire - Prayer Request

Started by Malia, May 08, 2009, 07:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malia

Requesting your prayers, for those of you who pray...

My hometown is being ravaged by a wildfire, which is out of control due to extreme and unpredictable winds. The evacuation boundary is getting closer by the hour and there is a chance I may need to evacuate in the near future. To be honest... I'm terrified.

I'm praying for the winds to die down and for our emergency service personnel. They have been working nonstop for several days now.

I will try to update my blog as often as I can, there is a link in my profile and my sig (you may need to join Multiply to see it, not sure).
♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply

Dichromus Benoir-Miles (aka DJ Dich)

Oh my Malia, I'm so sorry to hear about this. You're right of course... as soon (and if) you get the word, get outtta there just as fast as you can. Sending good thoughts your way,
Dich.

Malia

Still safe, no evacuation order yet.

Sean

Quote from: Malia on May 08, 2009, 11:21:30 PM
Still safe, no evacuation order yet.
Glad to hear it.  Hoping it stays that way.  Big Big Hugs!!

Malia

Cautious Optimism.  The fire is now moving away from populated areas and the weather is allowing firefighters to make progress at last. Phew!

Sean

Quote from: Malia on May 09, 2009, 01:23:48 PM
Cautious Optimism.  The fire is now moving away from populated areas and the weather is allowing firefighters to make progress at last. Phew!
Glad to hear it and I see its now 30% contained up from 10% yesterday!!!!  Big hugs!!!!

AnneB

That's reassuring new, Malia. Still sending prayers though.

Malia

Good news. The fire is now 70% contained and most people have been allowed to return to their homes.

Sean

Quote from: Malia on May 11, 2009, 02:56:18 PM
Good news. The fire is now 70% contained and most people have been allowed to return to their homes.
WOOT!! Glad to hear it!!  :)

AnneB