News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Downloading Recordings from SingSnap

Started by AnneB, December 17, 2015, 12:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnneB

While searching for something else in the SingSnap Message Boards, I found a thread where someone was asking how to download their songs to a tablet for someone to listen to who doesn't have internet access. This person was told that downloading songs was not allowed, against the SingSnap terms of use. Lots of us have done this, so just make sure you never mention it on the site or in public at karaoke.

AnneB

And FYI, the Avant browser has an easier way to download the flv files. They still have to be converted to MP3 though. If you can find version 4.0 of Freemake Video Converter (later versions will install adware) you can use it to convert quickly.

Pierre

Using actually a Firefox AddOn 'Flash- and Video-Download' ver 3.2.1 from Vicente Amor, which works both with *.flv and *.mp4 files on Singsnap (now 'legacy' singsnap). Don't know if it will work on new singsnap site too (currently recorder/player there seem to be written in javascript, but the links to the *.mp4 files still embedded in the html code in plaintext. That could change in the future, so it might become more difficult to make a personal offline backup of your own songs).

Don't tell them I told you  :P

AnneB

FWIW, The Avant viewer downloaded one of my songs from the new site, saved it as .flv but wouldn't open in Winamp. So that's not going to be an option after Flash is discontinued. There is always the "play and record" option, workable but slower.

Sean

At least in chrome you can right click the player image and choose inspect. Not far above where it puts you in the code will be a link that ends in .mp4. Right click that and choose copy link address.

Go to that link in chrome and click the 3 dots in the player and then download.

AnneB

Is that on the new SingSnap site? That would be easy to convert MP4 to MP3.

Sean

Quote from: AnneB on December 06, 2020, 11:36:33 AM
Is that on the new SingSnap site? That would be easy to convert MP4 to MP3.
Yes it is.

AnneB

Awesome, I'll download Chrome and check it out. Although you can also see the page source with Firefox.

Sean

Quote from: AnneB on December 06, 2020, 03:15:34 PM
Awesome, I'll download Chrome and check it out. Although you can also see the page source with Firefox.
Yeah it should work in any browser.

AnneB

It doesn't work in Firefox, neither the page source nor the selection source shows the mp4 file. I haven't had time to install Chrome yet, this computer needs a complete reload of Window 10 and I'm trying to hold off till January to do that.

Sean

Quote from: AnneB on December 12, 2020, 08:31:05 AM
It doesn't work in Firefox, neither the page source nor the selection source shows the mp4 file. I haven't had time to install Chrome yet, this computer needs a complete reload of Window 10 and I'm trying to hold off till January to do that.
I just tested on a few browsers. It works in Edge the same way as in Chrome. I could not find a way to get it to work in Safari. However, I did get it to work in Firefox.

In Firefox right click the video itself and choose inspect element.

It took me right to the MP4 link in the source and from there right click the MP4 link and choose open link in new tab.

Then you can right click the player in the new tab and choose "Save Audio As...".

AnneB

Wow, that 's awesome, I didn't see that. But I did get it to work in Firefox. Thanks for this. It will be a big help.