News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Problem after reinstalling the system

Started by Kneb Fall, July 08, 2017, 03:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kneb Fall

Hi
I've had a problem with crashes in SL lately, so I tried erasing my hard drive and reinstall the system on my Mac.
I logged in to URU karaoke again and now I have a problem here. I can't play any songs in the song folder and there are no links showing in my link field. The songs are showing, but without playing option.
What is this?

AnneB

Which browser are you using? I can't use the Edge browser in Windows 10 to play songs here. I have to use Firefox

Kneb Fall

I use Safari and I'm on Mac. That has not been a problem before. I thought maybe I need to upload a new song to the folder and that would make it work. But that should not be necessary, should it? There is something wrong here, do you know what it is?

AnneB

I just tried to play a song in Safari on my iPhone and there is no option to play. The songs here play in a flash player which has been called a dangerous app by security experts, so I'm guessing it's blocked in the browser.

Kneb Fall

Yes, it was the flash player.
Thank you

Kerryth

Sorry about reopening an old topic. I just realized I have this problem - no play option. I haven't tried to play anything in the library for a long time, so I just became aware of this. I'm sure it's the same issue - Flash - because I've lost access to other things as well, elsewhere. What is the actual solution. Thanks in advance for any help.

AnneB

The only solution I have found is to use a browser which has not completed blocked Flash. I have to use Firefox because it does ask if you want to enable Flash. Edge does not and I don't know about Chrome, other than people at Singsnap can't use Chrome to record any more.  Larry uses both Internet Explorer and Opera browsers without any problem.

Sean

I can confirm it can be enabled on a site by site basis in Chrome. Also wav files will still play in Edge without flash.