News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Forum Updates

Started by Sean, February 08, 2009, 04:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on February 22, 2009, 11:37:33 AM
Quote from: Sean Riedel on February 08, 2009, 09:20:41 PM
We now have a picture gallery you can upload pictures to.
We now have a new image gallery which also supports audio and video files.  In addition to the general catergories that I created you can also create user galleries for your own stuff.  This looks to be a much better system than the one I had installed originally.  Hope you all enjoy it.
For now the "direct links" listed in the gallery are not working due to the way the server is currently configured.  I am looking into this, but for now to send a link to an item in the gallery just copy the url out of the address bar in your web browser.

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on March 21, 2009, 10:49:15 AM
We now have a new image gallery which also supports audio and video files.  In addition to the general catergories that I created you can also create user galleries for your own stuff.  This looks to be a much better system than the one I had installed originally.  Hope you all enjoy it.
For now the "direct links" listed in the gallery are not working due to the way the server is currently configured.  I am looking into this, but for now to send a link to an item in the gallery just copy the url out of the address bar in your web browser.
The "direct link" now should be working fine.

Sean

I have removed the custom profile field for linking to your Sims On Stage accounts since The Sims On Stage no longer exists.

Sean

I've added "Occupation" as a profile field and am open to suggestions on other profile fields.  Send all suggestions to me as a PM.  If I get a lot I'll create a poll and we can vote on the ones we want.

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on April 09, 2009, 02:47:29 AM
I've added "Occupation" as a profile field and am open to suggestions on other profile fields.  Send all suggestions to me as a PM.  If I get a lot I'll create a poll and we can vote on the ones we want.
I have added fields for entering both your MOUL avatar names and your Second Life avatar names.  I would like to thank Malia for suggesting this.

Edit: You can use BB code in all three of these fields.

Sean

There is now a reply button next to each post instead of just the ones at the top and bottom of each page.

I am also limiting the number of guests that can access the site at once to 10 in order to hopefully reduce bot traffic (no this is not currently a problem, but it could be one day) and encourage people to register.

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on March 21, 2009, 11:22:11 AM
"Direct links" are broken again with the latest update to the gallery and the fix that worked last time isn't working this time.  Hopefully will be fixed soon as we aren't the only people with this problem.

Sean

Updated the forum software from v1.1.8 to v1.1.9.

Sean

We've been running v1.1.10 for a little bit now with no problems.  I've also installed a few new mods to the site that add the following features:
A "New Topic" button is now available while viewing an existing topic.
A field to enter a reason for editing a post.
While logging in you will be notified if Caps Lock is enabled while entering your password.
You can now only make a search once every 10 seconds.
The members list can now be sorted to view only people in a certain position.

I've also added a donations page which can be reached by clicking the "DONATIONS" link to the right of the "CALENDAR" link in the link bar above.  Donations will be used to help offset the cost of running the site and if enough is received I'll be able to purchase the www.urukaraoke.com domain.  Fees are due in January, but I wanted to get a head start so I wouldn't be caught at the last minute.  I will post a goal as soon as I know how much will be needed and will update the total donated on a regular basis.  Remember donations are purely optional.

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on May 05, 2009, 09:38:40 PM
"Direct links" are broken again with the latest update to the gallery and the fix that worked last time isn't working this time.  Hopefully will be fixed soon as we aren't the only people with this problem.
I have updated the gallery from version 1.5.6 to version 2.0.  The "direct links" still appear to not be working and I am looking into this, but at least for me the embedded media players for audio and video files are working properly and they weren't working at all before.

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on October 22, 2009, 03:31:01 PM
Quote from: Sean Riedel on May 05, 2009, 09:38:40 PM
I have updated the gallery from version 1.5.6 to version 2.0.  The "direct links" still appear to not be working and I am looking into this, but at least for me the embedded media players for audio and video files are working properly and they weren't working at all before.
"Direct links" are working for pictures/images, but don't appear to be working for audio files yet.

Sean

As you have probably noticed I've done some tweaking to the karaoke card submission pages and I've fixed some errors in the coding so its now all valid HTML and will eventually be XHTML.

Edit: It is now valid XHTML.

AnneB

Good job; now you don't have to start over if you screw it up.

Sean

We are now running version 1.1.11 of the forum software which fixes some vulrnerabilities that were found in version 1.1.10.  I've also upgraded the gallery software to the latest version 2.0.5.

Sean

I removed the shoutbox as well as the profile comments mod as they weren't being used.  I also removed a couple small mods that I didn't see the need for anymore.  I also unfortunately have had to remove the ability to post recuring events in the calendar as it was causing problems with dislaying events on the main page of the forum as well as causing errors to happen.  I didn't want to have to do this, but I wanted to see that error go away before upgrading the forums to version 2.0 and hopefully will be able to find someway of doing this again in the future.  Note: To get the errors to go away I may have to remove all existing recuring events from the calendar.  I will post here if I have to.

Edit:  I'm going to have to remove the repeating events from the calendar.  There are 3 of them and if I don't they will appear to occur everyday.