News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

The Mafia is HERE!!

Started by Sean, February 18, 2009, 09:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Mafia is a very fun group role play game.  Even if you've never played before I encourage you to try it out you'll probably enjoy it.  The following rules I got from the Myst Online forums and I think Junee got them from the Uru Obsession forums.  Read them over if you think you might be interested in playing copy the sign up form at the bottom to your post and add your name to it and as soon as you do start role playing a bit :).

Quote================RULES=========================
I will be the Mayor. No one disobeys my commands. I will uphold order and make sure that there isn't too much chaos. We do need a name for our city and I am open to suggestions.

We will have a Mafia.
I will notify the Mafia via PM along with the question "Who do you want to kill". The Mafia will then decide who to kill and PM me with their response. For example, The mafia would pm me and say "I want to kill _______" <--- and he/she will list another player (anyone but me).

OK?

We will also have one person who is the Sheriff
I would PM the Sheriff to notify them that they are the Sheriff and say "Who do you think it is?". That person then has to try to guess who the mafia is (hard to do on a first guess, its random) Again, this is done via PM to me. So they could say for example "I think it's ____". I will PM that person back with a 'yes' or a 'no' answer. Just so they know if they guessed correctly.
Now, when the round starts, THE SHERIFF CANNOT POST ANYTHING THAT SAYS "I am the Sheriff, and i guessed it was 'so and so' and was told I was right. The ONLY thing you can say is if you chose the WRONG person. For example ________ is the mafia and you as Sheriff picked someone else. I of course would have already PM'd you that you had picked the wrong person. IF the townspeople are all edging towards the innocent person as the killer you CAN say "I have inside information that it is NOT ______". in other words you can defend an innocent person but you cannot point out the guilty one after identifying yourself as the Sheriff. make sense?

We will also have one person who is a Doctor
I would PM that person notifying them that they are the doc, and ask who "Who do you want to save?" and that person would PM me back with a person from the list who he/she wants to save from being killed. The doc can choose to save him/herself, or anyone else (except me of course). The person chosen cannot die for that round. Also, if you are saved by the doctor you cannot accuse, second, or vote for that round.

There is also a mole to protect the Mafia person
The mole is basically an undercover bad guy. This person will know who the mafia is and will try to steer all votes away from the mafia at all costs. The mafia will NOT know who the mole is, so the mole could be killed and the mafia would be losing their best defense. Its tricky and dangerous, but someone has to do it.

OK after after all four of those notifications have been done I as the town Mayor will post on the Public forum who was killed <---yes I try to be as silly and graphic as possible, get over it, its all in good fun . IF BY CHANCE the person who the mafia chose to kill was also saved by the doc, we would say something to the effect of "there was a horrible accident BUT the docs were able to save 'whoever'.

THEN its up to you, the townspeople (including the mafia, doc, sheriff, and the mole) to try to determine who among you is the killer. Basically you will post who you think it is.
We will get two defendents per round. They will have the chance to defend themselves (ie, _____ is being picked as the mafia when he/she is innocent) He/She will say something like "Umm, i was working late last night taking care of my mother I COULDNT have been the killer" (or something hopefully more interesting). You as the townspeople (all of you including the mafia sherrif, doc and mole) will vote from that list of two. and the game goes on. If you voted off an innocent person, he/she is then dead and can no longer vote. Till the mafia is caught

Once you are dead, either by mafia or by voting you cannot speak....you can PM me and I will talk with you but its not fair to the others who are still playing. they have to figure it out. DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

You are, however, allowed to play ghost. This means haunting people, causing meyhem, etc. You may not in any way, shape, or form, indicate your suspicions of the Mafia.

Just a few extra things to remember to make the game more fun:
You are setting a storyline...try to be creative...go places have fun. Just like you would in real life. Open a business, hire employees, or whatever.

So just remember have fun and be creative...and DON'T SPAM unless it's game spam.

order:
One of you gets killed
The others try to find a suspect and accuse
When two people are accused and seconded they get a chance to defend themselves (time limit here, if we don't hear anything we continue)
then we start voting
then we execute one of them or at least we try in the quickest and tidiest manner

Most likely an innocent
so we repeat the process
Have fun everybody and be careful out there.

===========================================
(Rules on assumed courtesy of mystycalchyk, then modified by multiple people (gee I should track down the originals and make the credits look nicer))

If we get 10 and more people want to sign up just add more lines.  I'll give about a week or so for signups or until we get a good number of people to play.

melodilynn

Would be fun!!!  I'll play! :)

1.  Melodilynn

Lynnutte

Darn. Mel beat me to signing up first.

1.  Melodilynn
2.Lynnutte

Sharaya

Well, you both beat me!   :D

1.  Melodilynn
2.Lynnutte
3. Sharaya