News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Karaoke Party Feb. 21

Started by DaytonaKit, February 07, 2009, 09:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

DaytonaKit

The party will start at 4pm SL time, with DaytonaKit DJ'ing and Callum Maktoum hosting.  The location is still TBA, due to OpenSpace restrictions.  As soon as we know, you'll know!

Edit February 19:
The party will take place on the Ali Baba/Sinbad sims near Arabian Nights.  There will be two dance floors, one on each property.  I'll post the stream info later, but here are the slURLs for the day of the party....

Sinbad dance floor:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sinbad/241/67/26

Ali Baba dance floor:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Ali%20Baba/88/28/11

Edit February 21:
The stream for karaoke will be http://78.46.97.108:9558.  I found a place in SL that will let me lease a stream for 24 hours, 100 listeners, only $199L.  Couldn't resist.  But I still plan to donate a generous portion of my tips to Beach for his community server...especially since his birthday is coming up.
"I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me.  If only I'd known that one day my 'differentness' would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier."
                                             - Bette Midler

DaytonaKit

OK, here's the plans so far.  Callum has bought the Sinbad sim from Arabian Nights, and we have received permission to use the Ali Baba sim next door (which is for sale, btw).  We are going to pull a Landru/Andym and host the parties on both sims.  Landmarks/slURLs will be provided later.  But for now, plan on karaoke kicking off at 4pm SL time.  And go ahead and get your cards in.  The sooner the better.  (I've already recorded two songs.)

And as you may remember, I enjoy playing "bootleg" karaoke hits from past superstars, even if I don't have their permission to play them.  So be prepared for some flashbacks. :)

I still need to make arrangements for a server.  I'll probably use the community server, so half the tips I make will go to BeachRM to help defray the costs.  If anybody comes up with ideas for how we can support the community server, let's hear them!
"I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me.  If only I'd known that one day my 'differentness' would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier."
                                             - Bette Midler

Malia

Quote from: DaytonaKitAnd as you may remember, I enjoy playing "bootleg" karaoke hits from past superstars, even if I don't have their permission to play them.  So be prepared for some flashbacks. :)
I think that is fantastic!  The recordings are on a public site, and if we singers don't want people to hear them we can set them to "private".  I *love* to see the little numbers go up indicating that someone has actually listened to my stuff!!! :)  (One of my recordings has "no views" and it makes me sad... sigh...)

Quote from: DaytonaKitI still need to make arrangements for a server.  I'll probably use the community server, so half the tips I make will go to BeachRM to help defray the costs.  If anybody comes up with ideas for how we can support the community server, let's hear them!
There is a thread you started for discussion about supporting the community server, just waiting for Beach to come in and tell us what he needs... Beach? Talk to us?
Clicky:  Support for the community server
♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply

DaytonaKit

The bootlegs I play are normally those who haven't been in karaoke in ages - L'lee, Squalls, Biegalski, Sil, etc...  If a current karaoke regular wants me to play one of their oldies, they can either specify it or just say "dealer's choice".   If they do want dealer's choice, then they could probably go ahead and send me their cards so that I can have time to pick the songs.

As for the "no views", I think that's a Singsnap glitch.  I have a couple of recordings like that, although I know for a fact they were played at previous karaoke parties.  Some of us could probably post our karaoke profile URLs for people to come listen any time.
                                             - Bette Midler