News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Should we have karaoke on July 4th?

Started by Sean, June 10, 2009, 06:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

The past couple times we've held karoake on a holiday weekend we had etremely low numbers in terms of submissions.  An example is when I DJed on memorial day weekend if you count my songs we only had 12 songs submitted and I managed to add another 5 on top of that.  Considering this and the fact that the 4th of July is on a saturday this year I'm wondering if its even worth having it that week or if we should just cancel it as I know many people in the US go away or have a party that day and as a result probably wouldn't be able to make it which would translate into very low submissions again.  These are just my thoughts, but I also want to hear yours.  So what do you think?  Should we have karaoke on July 4th or should we cancel it?

Malia

Since the holiday falls on a Saturday, I second the motion to cancel for that day.
♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply

AnneB

DaytonaKit

My suggestion is to open it up to the non-American contingent.  Let someone else host it during a time that would suit our European friends.  If an American happens to be available, great.  Otherwise, there's no harm.

But this, of course, hinges on a non-American volunteering to host, D'ni-J, etc....
"I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me.  If only I'd known that one day my 'differentness' would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier."
                                             - Bette Midler