Author Topic: Music Stream module and Firefox  (Read 4740 times)

Offline AnneB

• Administrator
  • Superstar
    • SingSnap Recordings
    • Mysthillarium
Re: Embedded player
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 11:06:18 AM »
It's been discussed here too: http://urukaraoke.borg1985.com/index.php?topic=44.msg568#new Borg thinks it's a problem with the plugin, but I just had to disable it in Firefox and didn't install it in IE. I can't find a way to change the way the plugin functions in FF.

Offline Sean Riedel

• Borg Capalini
  • Administrator
  • Superstar
    • SingSnap Recordings
    • URU Karaoke
Re: Music Stream module and Firefox
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 12:24:56 PM »
I can't find any way to edit the plugin, just had to disable it.  :-\
That's wierd.  I just double checked and I specifically have autoplay set to false.

Offline Sean Riedel

• Borg Capalini
  • Administrator
  • Superstar
    • SingSnap Recordings
    • URU Karaoke
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 12:31:22 PM »
Here is the code i use for the player.  If anyone has a suggestion or idea why its still autoplaying please let me know.  I'll also be looking into it.

Code: [Select]
<embed src="http://64.62.252.134:8860/" autostart="false" height="36" width="285" type="application/x-mplayer2">

Offline Dichromus Benoir-Miles (aka DJ Dich)

• D'ni-J
  • Headliner
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 01:37:21 PM »
Here is the code i use for the player.  If anyone has a suggestion or idea why its still autoplaying please let me know.  I'll also be looking into it.

<embed src="http://64.62.252.134:8860/" autostart="false" height="36" width="285" type="application/x-mplayer2">

If you look carefully there is a space between ( " ) and ( a )  in ..../"autostart="false"....Could this be the fault?    ???

Offline Dichromus Benoir-Miles (aka DJ Dich)

• D'ni-J
  • Headliner
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 01:49:45 PM »
Um, I have just noticed a "minus" sign above the player box and next to the date in the top right hand corner of the page. Click this and the sign changes to a "plus" and the player stops and the box minimises. Sorry I didn't notice it before folks.  :-[  This seems to be the solution to the constantly playing glitch.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 01:51:21 PM by Dichromus Miles (aka DJ Dich) »

Offline Sean Riedel

• Borg Capalini
  • Administrator
  • Superstar
    • SingSnap Recordings
    • URU Karaoke
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 02:49:52 PM »

If you look carefully there is a space between ( " ) and ( a )  in ..../"autostart="false"....Could this be the fault?    ???

No. That " is the close quotes of the source link. 
src="http://64.62.252.134:8860/" autostart...You did however give me a thought on something.  Not sure the quotes are needed around false or not.  Testing time.

EDIT: I changed it, but don't know if it'll fix anything or not.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 02:59:16 PM by Sean Riedel »

Offline AnneB

• Administrator
  • Superstar
    • SingSnap Recordings
    • Mysthillarium
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »
Sorry for not merging the topics when I posted my reply. I think I forgot that I can do that here. This is such a well behaved crowd, and I'm constantly deleting spammers on my other forums.  ::)

Offline Malia

• Administrator
  • Headliner
  • D'ni-J Malia
    • ♥ Malia ♥
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 01:04:56 AM »
Um, I have just noticed a "minus" sign above the player box and next to the date in the top right hand corner of the page. Click this and the sign changes to a "plus" and the player stops and the box minimises. Sorry I didn't notice it before folks.  :-[  This seems to be the solution to the constantly playing glitch.  ;D
ZOMG!!! I clicked on that to minimize it and maximize it again, and for the first time I can actually SEE a player... thanks!
♪ Malia4uru on Singsnap and Multiply

Offline Jandai

• D'ni-J
  • Roadie
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 11:05:27 PM »

Thanks, Dich.  I was searching the forums for a way to stop it autoplaying also.  It does it to me everytime without fail.  Thanks to you mentioning the minus (-), it looks like i have finally disabled it. :-)