News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Forum Updates

Started by Sean, February 08, 2009, 04:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on October 23, 2009, 09:55:47 AM
Quote from: Sean Riedel on October 22, 2009, 03:31:01 PM
Quote from: Sean Riedel on May 05, 2009, 09:38:40 PM
Quote from: Sean Riedel on March 21, 2009, 11:22:11 AM
Quote from: Sean Riedel on March 21, 2009, 10:49:15 AM
Quote from: Sean Riedel on February 22, 2009, 11:37:33 AM
Quote from: Sean Riedel on February 08, 2009, 09:20:41 PM
We now have a picture gallery you can upload pictures to.
We now have a new image gallery which also supports audio and video files.  In addition to the general categories that I created you can also create user galleries for your own stuff.  This looks to be a much better system than the one I had installed originally.  Hope you all enjoy it.
For now the "direct links" listed in the gallery are not working due to the way the server is currently configured.  I am looking into this, but for now to send a link to an item in the gallery just copy the url out of the address bar in your web browser.
The "direct link" now should be working fine.
"Direct links" are broken again with the latest update to the gallery and the fix that worked last time isn't working this time.  Hopefully will be fixed soon as we aren't the only people with this problem.
I have updated the gallery from version 1.5.6 to version 2.0.  The "direct links" still appear to not be working and I am looking into this, but at least for me the embedded media players for audio and video files are working properly and they weren't working at all before.
"Direct links" are working for pictures/images, but don't appear to be working for audio files yet.
The gallery has been updated and also re-branded to Aeva Media 1.0.  This combines the very popular SMF Media Gallery mod with the even more popular AEVA (Auto-Embed Video and Audio) mod into one.  It is nwo accessed via the "Media" button.  All albums are now considered user albums with a bunch of new features with more on the way.  We also now have the ability to embed audio and video into posts from almost 200 different sites.  This is an awesome system!! Hope you all enjoy. :)

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on April 10, 2009, 12:19:03 AM
Quote from: Sean Riedel on April 09, 2009, 02:47:29 AM
I've added "Occupation" as a profile field and am open to suggestions on other profile fields.  Send all suggestions to me as a PM.  If I get a lot I'll create a poll and we can vote on the ones we want.
I have added fields for entering both your MOUL avatar names and your Second Life avatar names.  I would like to thank Malia for suggesting this.

Edit: You can use BB code in all three of these fields.
I've added a new custom profile field for listing your MOUL KI numbers.  These will also display by your posts above your post count.  As with the others BB code can be used in it.

AnneB

Wonderful, I've been hunting my SL buddies in MOUL without much success.

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on February 07, 2010, 06:49:11 PM
We now have a new image gallery which also supports audio and video files.  In addition to the general categories that I created you can also create user galleries for your own stuff.  This looks to be a much better system than the one I had installed originally.  Hope you all enjoy it.
For now the "direct links" listed in the gallery are not working due to the way the server is currently configured.  I am looking into this, but for now to send a link to an item in the gallery just copy the url out of the address bar in your web browser.
"Direct links" are broken again with the latest update to the gallery and the fix that worked last time isn't working this time.  Hopefully will be fixed soon as we aren't the only people with this problem.
I have updated the gallery from version 1.5.6 to version 2.0.  The "direct links" still appear to not be working and I am looking into this, but at least for me the embedded media players for audio and video files are working properly and they weren't working at all before.
"Direct links" are working for pictures/images, but don't appear to be working for audio files yet.
The gallery has been updated and also re-branded to Aeva Media 1.0.  This combines the very popular SMF Media Gallery mod with the even more popular AEVA (Auto-Embed Video and Audio) mod into one.  It is now accessed via the "Media" button.  All albums are now considered user albums with a bunch of new features with more on the way.  We also now have the ability to embed audio and video into posts from almost 200 different sites.  This is an awesome system!! Hope you all enjoy. :)
Updated to Aeva Media 1.1 which includes some bug fixes as well as some cool new features including the ability to view albums as a slideshow.  Check it out!

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on March 09, 2010, 02:39:39 AM
Quote from: Sean Riedel on February 07, 2010, 06:49:11 PM
We now have a new image gallery which also supports audio and video files.  In addition to the general categories that I created you can also create user galleries for your own stuff.  This looks to be a much better system than the one I had installed originally.  Hope you all enjoy it.
For now the "direct links" listed in the gallery are not working due to the way the server is currently configured.  I am looking into this, but for now to send a link to an item in the gallery just copy the url out of the address bar in your web browser.
"Direct links" are broken again with the latest update to the gallery and the fix that worked last time isn't working this time.  Hopefully will be fixed soon as we aren't the only people with this problem.
I have updated the gallery from version 1.5.6 to version 2.0.  The "direct links" still appear to not be working and I am looking into this, but at least for me the embedded media players for audio and video files are working properly and they weren't working at all before.
The gallery has been updated and also re-branded to Aeva Media 1.0.  This combines the very popular SMF Media Gallery mod with the even more popular AEVA (Auto-Embed Video and Audio) mod into one.  It is now accessed via the "Media" button.  All albums are now considered user albums with a bunch of new features with more on the way.  We also now have the ability to embed audio and video into posts from almost 200 different sites.  This is an awesome system!! Hope you all enjoy. :)
Updated to Aeva Media 1.1 which includes some bug fixes as well as some cool new features including the ability to view albums as a slideshow.  Check it out!
Now running Aeva Media 1.4 which is main bug fixes, but I think there is some new stuff in there too.  If you were having problems uploading to certain area I think I've gotten this fixes as I've changed some settings.

Sean

Updated the forum software to 1.1.12 which is just some bug and security fixes.  Won't see any new features until I upgrade to 2.0 final when its released.

Sean

Updated the forum software to 1.1.13 which is just some bug and security fixes. Again won't see any new features until I upgrade to 2.0 final when its released.

Sean

I am preparing to upgrade the forum software to 2.0 RC5.  I hope to do this within the next week or so.  A few of the smaller mods I currently have installed are not compatible with 2.0, but you shouldn't notice the loss of functionality as they did very little things some of which isn't even noticeable to you.  The biggest thing you will have to do after the upgrade is re-enter the information for your custom profile fields as this mod is not compatible with 2.0 as 2.0 has custom profile fields built into it by default.  Sorry about this, but there is no way around it.  The media gallery is fully compatible with 2.0 and you should not see any big changes there.  I will post here and send a message out when I'm about to do the update as the you will not be able to access the site during the upgrade which could be for a few hours though I hope it won't take that long.

Sean

We are now running V2.0 RC5 of the forum software.  You will have to re-enter some of your profile information including ocupation, URU Live Avatars and KI Numbers, SL Avatars, and the link to your Singsnap recordings.  You can do this by going to "Profile" then "Modify Profile" and then "Forum Profile".  You are also going to have to reset your time zone offset.  The default time zone for the forum is the same as SLT.  You can do this by going to "Profile" then "Modify Profile" and then "Look and Layout".  Then click "auto detect" and then "Change profile".  There are a lot of new features in 2.0 and now that we are running the current version of the forum software I hope to find some new mods to install that might make the site even better.

Sean

You now have the ability to set a reminder for any future event on the calendar that will be emailed to you at the time you specify.

Sean

We are now running V2.0 Final of the forum software.  The update contains many bug fixes.

Sean

We are now running V2.0.1 of the forum software.  The update contains a few bug fixes.

Sean

We are now running V2.0.2 of the forum software.  The update contains a few bug fixes.

Sean

We are now running V2.0.3 of the forum software.  The update contains a few security fixes.

Sean

I've added[nb]Re-added, but it never worked right before.  I *think* its working right now.[/nb] a section to the forum where news posts from the Guild of Messengers site will automatically be posted.  Also if you have entered a link to your Singsnap recordings it will now also appeaer with your name and other information next to your posts.