News:

Welcome to Uru Karaoke!!  To submit a Karaoke Card click "Karaoke Cards" below!!  You must be logged in!!

Main Menu

Two Logo Contests

Started by Sean, April 23, 2009, 01:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

I don't know about you, but I'm getting sick of seeing the Simple Machines Forums logo in the top right of the site and think its about time we got our own, so I'm going to be holding two logo contests.  Why two you might ask?  Well I'd like to not only get a new logo for the top right of the site, but I'd also like to add a favicon.  What is a favicon?  It is the icon that shows up next to the url in the address bar of your browser and with the link to the site in your favorites folder.

For the larger logo try and keep it somewhat similar in size to the existing one which is 258x30.  Slightly larger is ok, just don't make something that will drastically reshape the sight.  GIF or PNG is prefered but jpeg is ok too.

For the favicon the requirement are a bit more precise.  It must be an ico file and must be 16x16 pixels.

Asside from that I'll leave the rest up to you though keeping within the color scheme of the sight is prolly a good idea and keep all entries PG.  You do not have to submit an entry for both contests.  Please send all submissions to [email removed - contest over].  Do NOT post your entires here.  The deadline for submissions will be on Saturday, May 23 at 12 PM SLT.  This gives you just about a month to come up with ideas and send them in.  After that I will post all entries and create a poll for each logo contest and the one that recieves the most votes wins and will become the new logo for the site.  Good luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing your entries.

Sean

Just a remind you have about 12 days left until the deadline for submitting your entry.

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on May 11, 2009, 12:40:46 PM
Just a remind you have about 12 days left until the deadline for submitting your entry.
About 4.5 days until the deadline now.

Sean

Contest is over and as we only had one entry I have changed the main logo on the site already and will be adding the favicon as soon as I can.

Sean

Quote from: Sean Riedel on May 25, 2009, 10:50:15 AM
Contest is over and as we only had one entry I have changed the main logo on the site already and will be adding the favicon as soon as I can.
Oops forgot to say who submitted it.  The logo was submitted by Frodo.

Frodo

WOW! Just logged in finally after a while... so glad you liked the logo! :-D
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."